A gastro-pub brings gastronomy into a public house for a bar and restaurant that’s serious about both its food and its beer. There’s no reason that shouldn’t describe your at home bar too.
Grillhouse: Gastropub at Home guides you through the classic cuisine with delicious recipes for the pub fare favorites your guests will love. You’ll just need to stock the best beers, cocktails and wines to pair alongside*.
Gastropubs serve up simple and sophisticated culinary creations, despite some lingering perceptions that most if not all bar food is fried. This cookbook dispels that myth with lots of starters, grilled, baked, sides and sweets which are easily prepared away from the fryer.
Gastronomic Pub Fare Recipes Included:
- Oysters Kilpatrick - broiled in the half shell with bacon and onion.
- Whitefish Cocktails - beer battered fillets with tarter sauce.
- Mussels Marinieres - butter steamed with creamy spices.
- Veal Cutlets - marinaded and seared with sage, capers & lemon.
- Lamb Chops - rosemary seasoned and grilled with anchovy butter.
- Beef Burgundy - roasted with shallots, thyme and tarragon.
- Chateaubriand - breaded, browned and brandy braised.
- Rum & Maple Mashed Sweet Potato - baked and blended smooth.
- Port Wine Trifle - sherried peaches with cake and custard layers.
- Bourbon & Raisin Pudding - spiked strudel with butterscotch sauce.
Grillhouse includes chefs tips, full page illustrations and step by step cooking instructions for easy entertaining. Get the recipes for creating a great gastropub experience at your home bar here.
* - What To Drink With What You Eat has comprehensive recommendations for pairing virtually any beverage with your grill house gastropub food so you’ll always fare well.